What’s Going On at the HCL?!
- Come sign up for your very own library card for free! Adults 18 and up must provide a valid driver’s license or state issued identification. Children 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must provide a valid driver’s license or state issued identification.
- Download our free app today! Available on Apple’s App Store, Amazon, and the Google Play store!
- We now have a subscription to Ancestry.com that allows you to do in depth genealogical research for free! You must be inside the library to use this service. Public computers are available or you may bring in other devices that can be connected to Wi-Fi.
- Are you having trouble downloading an ebook? Try one of the documents below and see if it will help. Always feel free to call us if you need further assistance!
- Come check out these awesome reads that will hit the big screen in 2014!
“Where Hempstead County comes to read!”
The Hempstead County Library serves the people residing in the 728 square miles of Hempstead County, Arkansas. The library is located in Hope, the County Seat, which is located 35 miles east of Texarkana and 114 miles south of Little Rock. An estimated 22,000 people live in Hempstead County. The HCL was established in 1948 with the help of several generous local donors.
There are 4 computers for the public to use, each with Internet access, and 3 online catalog computers. The Hempstead County Library’s collection consists of over 50,000 books, audios, DVDs, magazines, Genealogy resources, and other materials. As a public library all of our basic services are free for anyone who wishes to use them. Fees are charged for printing, photocopying, and overdue materials. Library Policies are established by the Library Board.
The library is governed by a Board of Trustees, with six members appointed by the Hempstead County Quorum Court.
Hempstead County Library Board of Trustees:
Judy Davis- Vice Chairwoman